TSA: We Don't Need to See Your Netbooks, Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]smacks forehead[/nom]No CPU? What does it run on, magic?[/citation]

the "force". Now if we could only use Jedi mind tricks on apple to lower there prices. :p :lol: jk

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Seriously ... who picks these people ? No CPU .. are you kidding me ? WE are trusting the security to fly in the US and abroad... They make me take my digital recorder out !!! NO CPU ? TSA PLEASE !!! so .. an intel Atom is NOT a cpu ? REALLY ? I really would like to read what their definition of CPU is ...

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Airport security seems to be ran by iZombies... there are a few good ones that actually "gets it" the other 95% of them -- I question their mental metal ...

counselmancl

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]smacks forehead[/nom]No CPU? What does it run on, magic?[/citation]
It runs on dreams and wishes harvested from orphaned children.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
If you're a middle-eastern looking person, even your toothbrush will be rigorously examined. You might as well just walk into the airport naked and without baggage.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I'm a huge PC Gamer, and I love taking my full sized tower with me when I go see my brother in Pennsylvania. It's always so awkward though when going through security because.... I mean cmon, who the hell brings a full tower on an airplane?

bayouboy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Every time I fly, TSA had me take my PMP out of it's case and put into a separate bin because they say it is just like a laptop even though it is a handheld device. My PMP is far smaller than a tablet or a iPad. So, if the TSA is no saying that tablets/iPads don't need to be taken out of their case, I guess my PMP won't need to either anymore. However, until now TSA has told me that all devices were to be treated as a laptop.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
wow, do you know how much damage you can do with the amount of explosive you can stuff in an ipad or ereader??? trust me, while in flight it's a lot of damage. TSA needs to scan these things and make sure that these things are indeed what they are designed to be

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Ugh... even if you're not going to scan them... don't tell us!

It's like they WANT the terrorists to know where to hide explosives...

FAIL

tvel

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
By "no CPU or a hard drive" the security meant "no big metal chunks that can be disguised explosives" they are dumb, but not that dumb. :)

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Tablets too? My Thinkpad x61t is a tablet. I have SSD instead of HDD, but I think it has a CPU in it. So, do I have to put it in the separate bin for TSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.