News TSMC Warns Clients of up to 9% Price Hike in 2023

vertuallinsanity

Prominent
May 11, 2022
The weekly supply status changes are getting a little long in the tooth. Too much propaganda at a point in time when we're already past it.

Sensational! Inducing a feeling of insecurity!

No..

The reality of the situation: Flow has gradually returned to normal while a bubble of insane tech companies gasp for the last glimpses of a capital goldmine on a version 1.oh internet.

Nothing to sea hear..

Yeah, a lot of people don't even get a COLA raise. Yet, the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. Corporations have better rights than their employees. Such is life...

Me - I just want Intel to bring Optane back. ;)

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
65% per year in Argentina and you complain
I definitely wasn't complaining, just pointing out that it is less than 3%. Inflation fluctuates, and some countries are effected differently. The smaller ones with less negotiation power will feel the worst of global crisis'.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
If all these supposed fab expansion plan can really help alleviate the chip shortage issue, then the window of opportunity for TSMC or any fab to continue to milk their customer is going to be limited. At this point, they can hold their customer hostage since supply is still “limited”, but you produce more only because demand is abnormally high over the last 2 years. Now, most if not all signs are pointing to a decline in demand, and not in single digit % decline, but double digits.