Question TUF GAMING X570-PRO WIFI II red CPU LED on after restarting

Jan 18, 2024
Background
I have had this system for a while, and I recently changed the motherboard for the same model and added more RAM. The computer was working fine (I usually never turn off the system), and I had no issues with it until I updated the Nvidia driver to version 496.76. It asked me to restart the computer, but then it wouldn’t turn on.

Troubleshooting
Here is what I have tried so far:

• Swapping RAM to other slots
  • Trying one stick per slot
  • BIOS flashback (I used a USB flash drive with the latest BIOS file and pressed the flashback button on the motherboard)
  • Turning on without GPU
  • Resetting the CPU
  • Turning on without AIO (the CPU got hot, which means there was some voltage going through)
  • Removing the battery
  • Clearing CMOS
  • Checking for bent pins
  • Reseating the 24 and 2x8 pins cables
  • Leaving it on for some time
  • Leaving it off for some more time

None of these steps worked. When I try to turn on the computer, there is no response at all. No beeps, no lights, no fans, no error messages. It’s like the power button is dead.

Specs
These are my PC specs:

TUF GAMING X570-PRO WIFI II
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair LPX DDR4 3600MHz RAM (2x32GB)
H110i AIO
RTX 2070 Super
XFX 80Plus Gold 650W PSU
2x M.2 NVMe SSDs (Corsair, I think)

Help

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to fix this issue. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recently changed the motherboard for the same model
Why did you change the motherboard? Change as in like-for-like or same chipset?

XFX 80Plus Gold 650W PSU
How old is the PSU?

Clearing CMOS
Can you elaborate on how you did this?

added more RAM
What ram were you working with prior? Speaking of ram, which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Reactions: brazillionaire
Jan 18, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recently changed the motherboard for the same model
Why did you change the motherboard? Change as in like-for-like or same chipset?

XFX 80Plus Gold 650W PSU
How old is the PSU?

Clearing CMOS
Can you elaborate on how you did this?

added more RAM
What ram were you working with prior? Speaking of ram, which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?
I had a X570 tuf gaming, the older version. It was not working(it was repaired due to being fried by lightning), the repair was successful but when I moved to australia It was not 100%, so I just bought the same board on a newer verision.

PSU is a few years old, maybe 2[?]

I shorted the pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver, and removing the battery.

Prior ram was an ADATA 3600mhz 2x16gb
New ram is a corsair LPX 3600mhz 2x32gb
I was using it previously(when it was working) both kits together, within a lower frequency. So all slots were populated.

The computer was fine before.

TRENDING THREADS