Question Tuf Gaming X570 stuck on green LED Hdmi no display

Mar 30, 2021
My pc was perfectly functional up until I tried to make my SSD my boot drive. (trying to switch from HDD) From there I was able to boot but kept getting a black screen with a blinking _. I updated some bios settings and turned fast boot off. After that I have not gotten past the "hdmi no display". I have tried disconnecting both drives, tried starting with each separately with my windows boot drive. nothing has worked. I swapped my GPU to the lower slot, removed one dim of ram, unplugged just about everything I could. Still to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have also tried clearing CMOS with the battery in and removed with power off. I need to get my PC functional for work so please help me!

Specs-
NZXT h510
tuf gaming x570 plus
3700x
noctua dh 15
16 GB Trident Z Neo
GTX 1080
2 TB Seagate barracuda HDD
1 TB WD Black M.2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2871437

Hi,
'I tried to make my SSD my boot drive' - so what did you do?
Perhaps it's time to try a fresh installation of windows 10, with only your target drive (the M2 drive) connected (you've got a back up of all your data / apps somewhere)?
Good luck

Mar 30, 2021
I copied all my files to the SSD, I was able to use the computer regularly until I went into the boot menu in the bios and made my m.2 the primary boot drive. After that I restarted the computer and it wouldn’t boot into windows. So I reset the pc again and turned off fast boot after reading that may help.
Now in my current situation I am unable to get past a “HDMI NO DISPLAY” from my monitor. And hence cannot get into my bios to change anything

D

Deleted member 2871437

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 30, 2021
Okay, thanks.
What do the qled's show?
You've looked very carefully (*2) at the cabling of course (and made sure the graphics card and ram are well seated, being carefully about ESD / not (dis)connecting stuff while the system is running) - especially to the monitor from the graphics card?
Edit:
re-read the title, you have the yellow-green led.
Have you tried removing the M2 drive?
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/evkoaw/x570_tuf_gaming_plus_green_light_stuck_on_press/
I have tried removing the m.2 as I saw that post as well. Still no luck. I was very careful, made sure to work with my esd safe band and such.

D

Deleted member 2871437

And you don't perchance have a friend with a compatible cpu that has integrated graphics, e.g. Ryzen 3 2200G

TRENDING THREADS