Question Tuf Gaming Z590-plus wifi fails to post after updating bios

May 6, 2022
So today I updated my bios using AI Suite. Now when I turn my pc on, the monitor only shows static.

First I tried clearing the CMOS header by shorting the two CLRTC pins with no effect. I then tried following the Asus CrashFree BIOS 3 instructions using bios versions ranging from the lastest release to (what i believe to be) the version my mobo last had with no effect (Wishing this motherboard had reflash feature). While doing this, I noticed that my gpu's (gigabyte gtx 1070) power light was flashing when pc was on. Thinking it might be a power issue, I unplugged and removed gpu as well as hard drives, but it doesn't look like it's had any effect. At the moment I still have my cpu and ram installed.

Really don't want to replace this mother board as it's been less than a year since I bought it. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be.

May 6, 2022
What issue were you trying to resolve when you updated the BIOS?

Computer began black screening when playing games. Occasionally paired with gpu fans being much louder than usual. Was getting to the point that I couldn't open a game without it happening on the main menu. Don't think it was overheating due to how quick it would happen. On reboots, device manager would say that gpu drivers had issues (error 43). I read that updating bios had fixed the issue for a lot of people.