[SOLVED] "Turbo Boost Power Max" and "Turbo Boost Short Power Max" exceeding max TDP of 125W. is this normal ?

Solution
Depends on what you consider normal, yes almost all mobo makers use excessive settings, but it's not the normal settings that intel suggests.

If your temps are ok just leave it as is, under normal everyday use you are never going to reach that amount of power usage anyway.
This. Heck, with undervolting my i7-12700k doesn't even reach 190W in Cinebench... sitting at around 165W for over 23000 points with stock clocks... and the chip will never see a realworld case that will stress it that much. In games, it draws over 100W less, staying even below the 65W TDP of its non-k siblings.
so in the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, I can see that Turbo Boost Power Max and Turbo Boost Short Power Max are set to 288W while the reported maximum TDP is 125W. is this normal?

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility
CPU-Z Max TDP
Depends on what you consider normal, yes almost all mobo makers use excessive settings, but it's not the normal settings that intel suggests.

If your temps are ok just leave it as is, under normal everyday use you are never going to reach that amount of power usage anyway.

KyaraM

Admirable

This. Heck, with undervolting my i7-12700k doesn't even reach 190W in Cinebench... sitting at around 165W for over 23000 points with stock clocks... and the chip will never see a realworld case that will stress it that much. In games, it draws over 100W less, staying even below the 65W TDP of its non-k siblings.

Solution