Turn Your Old Video Games Into Anything at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ender2003

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Oh pristine condition 1 month old AAA game? We'll give ya $5.
How is that any different from Gamestop or other stores that do game trades? Buy a basically brand new game back from you for $5, then mark it as used and sell it for $45 while the New copy is $50...

Machinegun Kelly

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
The only way this will work for me would if they do deals like Gamestop does. The only time I sell games @ Gamestop is when they offer additional credit for selling them games + price breaks for their used games to be added together. Its not a terrible deal if you wait around.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
This is the main reason I stop buying games. After I tried to sell back all my first party GCN games to Gamestop which I paid $50 and still had the manuals and original cases for they tried to give me $2 - $3 per game, meanwhile they were selling used copies of the same games for $35 - $40.I said F that, and gave the system and all the games to a family member. They still enjoy SSBM, Mario Kart DD and Metroid Trilogy to this very day.

The only way of this possibly succeeding lies in pricing.They have to be REASONABLE with their prices. Give my 5 bucks for a 3 month old game, fine, but retail the refurbs for 7-15 bucks. Make it viable to trade in, rather than trade all your games for one or two "New" ones. (Im looking at you gamestop)Buuuut since I play on PC, this might be a good time to dust off the PS3.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
man i really dont want walmart to put gamestop out of business. Walmart's day 1 release day selection is non existent. The gaming section is always a wreck, they have very few accessories, and whats more, they have weak pre-order bonus's. I would like gamestop to start lowering prices on used games, but not go out of business.

frank3rd

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Some publishers are charging you to play online, so you pay an additional fee to play the multiplayer side of the used game. Kevin, what makes you think that the developers and publishers should make money off the used game market. Can you imagine having to pay General Motors or Ford a fee every time you buy a used car.

Master467

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

I hope to god it does put them out of business. They are the cancer of the gaming world, and one of the biggest reasons I moved to PC's.

Even if Walmart is even worse, GameStop dying is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.