[SOLVED] Turned off display in Win10 by mistake, now blank, what next??

Thunder Bay

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Hope you guys can help, I'm at witts end. On a HP laptop, I was debugging a no-LCD problem (I was hooked to remote monitor via HDMI). While looking at the driver details, I mistakenly disabled the Intel graphics ...remote HDMI screen went blank.

Now, I have no display, no remote display either. Laptop is an HP Envy 15, Win10, integrated graphics. Is there a way to boot and force to the last known 'good' hardware configuration? I believe the LCD problem was the result of using a projector ...but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Solution
My best bet would be removing the CMOS battery and defusing it. A second of googling finds out how to do it specifically for the HP Envy 15.

In case you then get into bios, reset everything to defaults.

Crowii

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
My best bet would be removing the CMOS battery and defusing it. A second of googling finds out how to do it specifically for the HP Envy 15.

In case you then get into bios, reset everything to defaults.

Solution
I haven't had to do this in a long time but you should have a key next to your windows key an "fn" key on the lower left of keyboard.

Up on the other "F" keys top of the keyboard there should be one that has a picture of a monitor. For your actual laptop you will need to find the right key.

If it's still like it used to be, you press and hold the lower "fn" key while you tap the correct monitor key.

How it supposed to work is by doing the key combo gives you control to use laptop monitor by it's self, use use laptop monitor and external at the same time or just turn off internal monitor and only use external.

If this fails than yes pulling battery is as already suggested the next step..........good luck