Question Turned on XMP profile and PC not working?

Dec 30, 2022
I just switched the case of my PC and it worked fine (before and after the switch). We did it at my friends house. Then i decided to put A-XMP profile on and it worked fine. When i got home and tried to turn on the PC it just turned on and off again and again. From then it just turns on and nothing displays and my keyboard isn't working either. I noticed that the DRAM EZ Debug LED was on. I tried everything. I tried to clear the CMOS, the RAM modules in different slots, with another RAM module. I decided to take the CMOS battery out for a whole day and now the DRAM LED turns off but the same problem still remains.

My specs are:
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Predator, DDR4 3000MHz, CL15, 1
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
(I don't think the rest are really relevant?)

Would really appreciate if someone helped me, thanks.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Is this to say that the PC will work without XMP enabled, or not work at all?

Could be that the PC took an impact while moving it that caused an issue. If it was cold out and you didn't wait for the system to warm before powering it up it could have taken moisture damage from condensation.

Since it did travel, check and make sure all the connections are securely plugged in.

Dec 30, 2022
Is this to say that the PC will work without XMP enabled, or not work at all?

Could be that the PC took an impact while moving it that caused an issue. If it was cold out and you didn't wait for the system to warm before powering it up it could have taken moisture damage from condensation.

Since it did travel, check and make sure all the connections are securely plugged in.
I don't think it could be moisture damage since it just stood for like 6 hours in my house. And it didn't take any hit to my knowledge (drove really carefully). I've checked all the connections aswell. Anything else I should test?

TRENDING THREADS