[SOLVED] Turning off usb device

Solution
I found the APM settings, what should I change there?

Application Power Managment setting is only a setting that adjusts the CPU power in mV steps to reduce power consumption for certain apps that supports it. It is of no benefit to a desktop system and should not be related to this RGB issue! Just leave APM enabled anyway since it does no harm to the system.

EDIT: I just remembered that on some Asus motherboards there is actually a ErP/EuP setting under the APM settings. If you enable this setting it will allow the system to go to a deeper state of sleep called S5 which will disable the ability to turn on the system using a mouse, keyboard or LAN device. This setting will also disable all RGB leds when computer is off. So...

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
There should be an option to turn off the lights in the RGB software you are using also check your motherboard BIOS. In there should be some sort of setting to disable RGB when of or in sleep.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
I found the APM settings, what should I change there?

Application Power Managment setting is only a setting that adjusts the CPU power in mV steps to reduce power consumption for certain apps that supports it. It is of no benefit to a desktop system and should not be related to this RGB issue! Just leave APM enabled anyway since it does no harm to the system.

EDIT: I just remembered that on some Asus motherboards there is actually a ErP/EuP setting under the APM settings. If you enable this setting it will allow the system to go to a deeper state of sleep called S5 which will disable the ability to turn on the system using a mouse, keyboard or LAN device. This setting will also disable all RGB leds when computer is off. So definitely worth a try to test this setting to enabled.

Last edited:
Solution