[SOLVED] Turning on PC will flicker my screen on and off every 7 seconds. Restarting my PC about 7-9 times will magically fix my issue until next restart ?

Feb 8, 2022
Specs:
Mobo: B85M DS3H A
CPU: i7 4790k
Gpu: Gtx 1070
PSU: insignia pcw5250 520W
Ram: 8GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws x Series

When I turn on my PC, my screen will quickly flicker on and off every 7 seconds. What's weird is that if I keep restarting my computer like 7 to 9 times, my monitor will work out of nowhere, like nothing bad ever happened. I could play games, watch movies, etc, like nothing happened. Turning off/sleeping my computer will cause the flickering issue upon turning on though, which will persist forever even after I somehow log in until I restart my PC multiple times. I have been repeating this process to temporarily fix my issue for a week now.

What's weird is after turning my PC off that many times and the screen fixes itself, it will prompt the "do you want to do a system repair" option to show, which I always decline to do. This will restart my PC, and my monitor still works after restart. Basically, after restarting my PC 9 times for the screen to fix itself, it will restart itself again just for it to magically work (without me requiring to restart my PC 9 times, it just restarts and works perfectly.) The next time I turn off/sleep my computer, the same flickering issue happens, and I do the process over again.

It is not my GPU. I have tested my PC with 2 GPU's and they both work on another computer. Problem still exist. It is not my HDMI cable either, I have multiple and tested them out on another PC. I don't think it is my power supply either, because I started unplugging things to see if it was an energy issue while experiencing the same problem. I have updated my driver and BIOS, but the problem still exists.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? I am fortunate that there is a temporary fix for my issue by restarting my PC many times. I could still play games, watch movies, etc, all until I restart or turnoff my PC. Thank you in advance!

Feb 8, 2022
For anyone in the future that stumbles on to this, the problem was my monitor. I used my monitor on another computer and it showed the same flickering. Replaced it with a new one and all my problems were solved.

bignastyid

Titan
lol I didn't know you could get credit for marking your own answer to your own question as solved hmmm.....
While OPs have the option it's actually a violation of the rules.
  • If you post a problem then find the solution (or an appropriate fix) yourself, it is appropriate to post the solution. However, you must not award yourself a Best Answer trophy.

Reactions: dapperc