Turning tablet into a wireless adapter for desktop

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016
We have a Samsung 1st gen Galaxy Tablet here and I was wondering if we could turn it into a wireless adapter for my desktop.

Sadly our new Wifi router at home is purely wireless and there are no RJ45 ports on it.

Solution
as i said, if the tablet manufacturer allows to share the wifi via usb, ok, will work

as usafret says, doubtful

even if you manage to make it work, the tablet will start to overheat because it can't enter sleep mode or you loose connection and the usb port will not keep it well charged, this is a half solution if it manages to work in some way

if it works, expect the slowest connection, lots of lag if you try to play with it, connection via wifi then usb to desktop, that is a enormous bottleneck in many levels

easier to buy a wifi card for the desktop, being usb or pci express, what pc do you have? what is your budget?

distance from the pc to the new wifi only router? what wifi router you got?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if you are suggesting to disasemble the tablet, the tablet doesn't have a wifi adapter separated from the mainboard

you need a wifi adapter for the desktop or see if you can share the wifi signal for the tablet to the desktop via the usb port

each tablet manufacturer decides what you can or cannot share this way, you have to rely on samsung manuals for this particular purpose, also a driver allowing that but to be hones, i haven't heard of that function in years, only via a smartphone that function is available and you do need driers and some luck to make it work, and the internet should come via the modem of the smartphone, not from wifi afik

the easiest way is just buy a wifi adapter for the pcs that require it

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
as i said, if the tablet manufacturer allows to share the wifi via usb, ok, will work

as usafret says, doubtful

even if you manage to make it work, the tablet will start to overheat because it can't enter sleep mode or you loose connection and the usb port will not keep it well charged, this is a half solution if it manages to work in some way

if it works, expect the slowest connection, lots of lag if you try to play with it, connection via wifi then usb to desktop, that is a enormous bottleneck in many levels

easier to buy a wifi card for the desktop, being usb or pci express, what pc do you have? what is your budget?

distance from the pc to the new wifi only router? what wifi router you got?

Solution