TV for 4K gaming

Gavsta220986

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015
Im just wondering would this Samsung UE40MU6120 HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 40" with TVPlus be ok for 4k pc gaming? I have read it has only 50herts refresh rate so not sure wether this tv will show high fps for gaming. Does anyone think this tv will be alright for pc gaming or shall I just get an xbox one x to pair up with this tv for 4k gaming?

Solution
No. Input lag would be the same. I bet it has to do with the game settings you have enabled. Not sure the specs on your PC, but if you're maxing out all settings and running @ 4K you're probably over the capabilities of your computer.

WildCard999

Titan
It'll refresh at 60hz. As for PC gaming it will have a bit of input lag so I wouldn't use it for competitive FPS but for less competitive/single player games it will be fine.

While it's not the same TV I do have a TCL 49" 4K HDR HDTV that I use for both my PC (single player stuff) and my PS4 Pro and it works well.

Gavsta220986

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015

I want to use it to play fifa. I feel that fifa 18 on xbox one x has faster smoother gameplay than the pc version. Is this due to the input lag?