TV instead of a monitor?

G

Are there any TV's out there that can display similar resolutions to a monitor.

This would give the benefit of having one box for both functions, and it would also be easy to hook up the sound output from my PC into my surround system, and I would have a massive screen.

Does anyone have experiences.
My feeling is that games may be OK, (for instance look at what the consoles can do), but that text screens may not be clear enough to read.

Thanks

G

I haven't personally seen a TV that can handle readable text at high enough resolutions, but in theory, Sony's flat screen WEGA series TVs should be able to handle higher resolutions. Their tube is the Trinitron FD tube, the same kind that is used in Sony monitors. I don't know if they're IDENTICAL, but it should look better than other TVs. Also, High Definition TVs should also be able to support higher resolutions, but again, I haven't actually seen one hooked up to a computer yet.

G

From what I read the WEGA Tv's cant handle any higher res., but that is just what I read. I know that the HDTV's which usually run about 3 grand can get great graphics.

If anyone gets a WEGA and it works better please email me because I was thinking about doing that and didnt because I was lead to believe that it wasnt any better than a standard TV res.

-Matt-