Question TV stopped working after monitor upgrade

Dec 3, 2021
My 32 inch Vizio TV stopped working as a monitor after I got the new 32 inch Samsung Odyssey G5 1000R curved gaming monitor

So my setup until yesterday was

• Left monitor - 32 inch Vizio TV connected to PC via HDMI -> HDMI to DP adapter -> DP on the back of RTX 2070
  • Middle Monitor - 24 inch HP 1080P monitor connected to PC via HDMI -> HDMI on the RTX 2070
  • Right Monitor - 24 inch Hannspree 1080P monitor connected to PC via HDMI -> DP on the RTX 2070
Now everything has been working fine with this triple monitor setup for the last several months. Today I received my 32 inch Odyssey 1000R gaming monitor (Model - LC32G57TQWNXDC) and now the setup is

• Left monitor - 32 inch Vizio TV connected to PC via HDMI -> HDMI to DP adapter -> DP on the back of RTX 2070
  • Middle Monitor - 32 inch WQHD Samsung Odyssey G5 monitor connected to PC via DP -> DP on the RTX 2070
  • Right Monitor - 24 inch HP 1080P monitor connected to PC via HDMI -> HDMI on the RTX 2070
So essentially, I removed my Hannspree and replaced it with the HP, and then in place of the HP the primary monitor is now the new 144Hz Odyssey G5.

The problem is that only the G5 and HP shows my desktop. The TV no longer shows anything. It says - "Retrieving Data" and then it says "Not supported". I'm guessing that the new G5 is doing something which is messing with the TV but not sure what. I can see the 3 monitor setup in the Display settings and my cursor also moves to the left (where the Vizio TV is), so it seems like the TV is still working as a monitor but I can only see a black screen.

I'm yet to try connecting other types of cables with the TV, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the BIOS version for your motherboard as well as a link to the adapter you're working with. Got a model for the HP monitor? I'd try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, boot to Safe Mode and then manually reinstall your GPU driver with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Dec 3, 2021
Nevermind. Please mark the question as solved as it seemed to be an issue with the HDMI to DVI adapter. After I connected the TV directly to my computer using an HDMI cable, everything showed up on the TV as expected.