Tweak UI Utility Hits Vista, Sorta

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
With system requirements like that, is it even nessecary to have system requirements?

On a more technical note - does the tool offer anything you couldn't have done without it?
stuff like turning off hibernation and uac can already be done.

G

basically I had this for XP everything the program does you can do manually, but for the people that don't know how to modify all these things its great.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Thanks for the heads up, osteoporosis, I was about to make a sarcastic comment. For non-power users who don't know how to d this stuff manually, this is probably a good option if it's free or low-cost.

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
It makes things easier, there are tons of things you can do with the GUI in windows, you just have to know a f...-ton of registry keys to do it. Or 14 clicks deep to change. With programs like this, it's just a checkbox.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
There is a link to the download page written in the article......

If I had Vista (for some crazy reason) I would possibly grab this just to see if it is worth the timesave. Coudln't hurt and may give me something to recommend.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
does vista even work below those specs? besides the resolution issue...
I mean, it will gripe (or not start) if there is only 10mb of disk space. ...the color thing probably doesn't matter anyway.

System requirements: make sure computer turns on...lol

btw...wrote this whole thing without seeing one character. fix the comment box bug! (ff3.0)

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]does vista even work below those specs? besides the resolution issue...I mean, it will gripe (or not start) if there is only 10mb of disk space. ...the color thing probably doesn't matter anyway.System requirements: make sure computer turns on...lolbtw...wrote this whole thing without seeing one character. fix the comment box bug! (ff3.0)[/citation]
u can usually make the comments work by blocking the ad system - that's what breaks it in the first place (the blue text link ads)

ps. vista can boot in 640 @ 4 bit color depth.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
The problem that occassionally occurs is, that when the comments are all loaded. all the text is sitting on top of eachother at the very top of the comments section. All the 'textboxes' below where it should've been are going to remain empty. Appearently, sometimes the ad system doesn't respond with whatever is needed for the page to proceed with the actual placement of the data. THAT bug.
Just be lucky you haven't experienced it.
Also sometimes the blue text links cause data in articles to 'shift place' so that if we imagine the page is split into 8 pieces, part 2 of that will be removed and appended to the end of part 8. More rare though.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]hemelskonijn[/nom]Ohw That comment box bug! .... hmm never noticed something like that but it sounds like it could make me suicidal if it shows up.[/citation]

It's not so bad really. It's bad when you get the bug, where submitting comments won't work (mouseover results in the status line showing a javascript: void(0) like normal, but when you click it, nothing happends.).

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I have had the bug with the comment box on FF3 as well. While typing responses such as this one I have been completely unable to see anything that I have type, making my post totally illegible and incomprehensible if I had to fix something or add comments.

As far as the article goes, does anyone know if this works on the Windows 7 beta???

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Dunno if it does, but I've just tried it on the 64bit vista business on my work pc, and some settings don't seem to take effect.
Now I was busy changing some network structures last afternoon, so I didn't give it much of a chance, but at least some stuff like which things to show in the start menu didn't sppear to take effect. So I'll have to do those the normal way at a later time.

G

it has some bugs.
My wife complained that her programs started crashing after resetting some things.
I luckely did a system restorepoint before the installation,and now everything is ok again.
Vista sucks...
I have better hopes for Windows 7!!

G

and the comment box bug is probably due to Java.
I can neither see the textI'm typing right now.
it's really a FF issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.