Question Two AM3 mobos not displaying

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hi, I have two AM3 motherboards that I bought used online, and both of them aren’t displaying. Before I return them I was wondering about some troubleshooting steps cause I got a good deal on them.
one board came with an FX-8350.
They turn on but don’t display, there’s no error codes when I put a speaker on them. I’m using working ram and a working GPU. I’ve cleared CMOS too.
Any other ideas to try?
Thanks

Hi, I have two AM3 motherboards that I bought used online, and both of them aren’t displaying. Before I return them I was wondering about some troubleshooting steps cause I got a good deal on them.
one board came with an FX-8350.
They turn on but don’t display, there’s no error codes when I put a speaker on them. I’m using working ram and a working GPU. I’ve cleared CMOS too.
Any other ideas to try?
Thanks
Which motherboards are those ? Saying only "AM3" is not enough.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
yeah, I know. Do you think they need a bios update? I have an Athlon II X2 245, the Asus board didnt boot with it and I haven't tried it on the MSI one
That I can't tell you, only previous owner may know which was last CPU MBs worked with. For all we can know, MBs may not be in working order. In any case, updating BIOS to newest version can't hurt but that could most probably be done only when you get display to work.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
That I can't tell you, only previous owner may know which was last CPU MBs worked with. For all we can know, MBs may not be in working order. In any case, updating BIOS to newest version can't hurt but that could most probably be done only when you get display to work.
The guy said the 8350 was used with the MSI board and he tested them before shipping them out.
They were like, stacked on top of each other during shipping. They had their backs against each other and then we’re wrapped in bubble wrap and an anti static bag, think that coulda damaged it?