Two beeps - memory parity error - PC becomes slow , graphic card performs slow. Wrong time on BIOS. Need help

Moonstone

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Hello everybody.

I'm not sure if this is the right place in Toms hardware to post my question/history. If not I am very sorry.

Let me start from the beginning...

Before Christmas I have bought new MSI Gtx 960 2gb. This is when problems started.

My PC at the time was built like this:

I5 4460
1x 8gb Crucial 1600 CL11
1tb Toshiba Sata
MOBO : Gigabyte Ga Z97p-D3
VS 450 w Corsair.

Problems where present only on cold boots after restart PC was working fine. Issue with the PC was that after booting performance of the graphic card was dropping to 25%. This was preceded by Memory Parity Error on BIOS.

I then started troubleshooting the issue. I spent hours trying to resolve the problem but it still persists.

On the beginning I thought it might have been incorrectly seated component so I took everything out and put back again.
I then resetted CMOS battery.
Then I've updated BIOS to newest version.
Then I've returned GPU and got another - same graphic card.
I then replaced PSU - twice!! First to Corsair CX 750 ( it had coil whine) and then to Evga g2 750.
I tried different RAM and cables.

My last hope is to change MOBO or maybe some setting in the BIOS.

I've no idea what else to do.

Today I've noticed that time and day on BIOS are incorrect. Could it be all down to the faulty CMOS? Or is it the motherboard that had to be changed.

Also I've noticed that graphic card is kind of sweating in few places. I mean on the back side of the PCB where little transistors I can notice tiny smudges of some kind of liquid. Is this normal...?

*Post edited by moderator*
Please maintain a humble tone when conversing on a family friendly site
Lutfij

Solution
1| Can you please pass on your OS as well?
2| Have you tried replacing the CMOS battery with a fresh battery? It's definitely a corrupt BIOS and/or dieing motherboard battery that is causing the time and date to go missing or not stay intact.
3| It's not normal for the transistors to be sweating. It may be a sign of the capacitors leaking provided you don't live in a very humid area/environment...? Can you post a pic of that sweaty GPU? provided you're not running an AIO liquid cooler...?
4| You should run memtest86 for 10 passes to rule out your ram being faulty.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Can you please pass on your OS as well?
2| Have you tried replacing the CMOS battery with a fresh battery? It's definitely a corrupt BIOS and/or dieing motherboard battery that is causing the time and date to go missing or not stay intact.
3| It's not normal for the transistors to be sweating. It may be a sign of the capacitors leaking provided you don't live in a very humid area/environment...? Can you post a pic of that sweaty GPU? provided you're not running an AIO liquid cooler...?
4| You should run memtest86 for 10 passes to rule out your ram being faulty.

Solution