Two displays, cloned, different scaling DPI?

Hobogaragesale

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Hello all,

I currently have a two screen set-up in my basement where I have a 4k monitor and a 4k television. My PC is around the corner from the TV. I run a display cable from the PC to the monitor and the TV.

My problem is when I use the TV the scaling is much too small so I have to set it up (to 225%) but when I return to my monitor it is way too large and needs to be changed (to 150%).

I currently have the display set to clone, I know if I set them as independent displays I can set the scaling independently, but since the other screen is around the corner and I'm usually only using one at a time cloned is better. Especially since if I use the extend display method I frequently have to chase apps and windows between monitors and it is a huge hassle (things get lost or open only on one monitor and I have to get up and turn on the other monitor and drag it over etc.). Also I typically only use one screen at a time.

I know it is a simple right click and like 2 clicks to change it from 150 to 225% and vice versa (so it is not a huge inconvenience compared to the extended screen) I was just wondering if there is a way to have windows to output a cloned display at 225% on the tv and 150% on the monitor without the need to toggle in-between?

Thank you for your time and consideration.