Two New Races, Expansion for WOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirvanabah

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
This is relatively old news but I find it hard to believe they'd wipe out much of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. Where would new players start? They can't take the DK approach for everything (start at lvl 55), that ruins the game.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]wish they supported their OTHER games this much.....[/citation]

Not to get into an argument here, but Blizzard is better than any other company about updates, they just released an update to WarCraft III and that game is over 7 years old. Diablo II got one last year as well and Diablo 3 is in development. I don't play WoW, but think as far as a company goes Blizzard really does care about it's customers and it's long term support for it's games even if you don't agree.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Oh and let's not forget StarCraft which also got an update earlier this year. And they are working on StarCraft II as well.

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
When news broke of Blizzard's patent for the name Cataclysm, I really hoped it would be the new game they are supposed to make.

Sadly we just get more boring WoW news.

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]Not to get into an argument here, but Blizzard is better than any other company about updates, they just released an update to WarCraft III and that game is over 7 years old. Diablo II got one last year as well and Diablo 3 is in development. I don't play WoW, but think as far as a company goes Blizzard really does care about it's customers and it's long term support for it's games even if you don't agree.[/citation]

I especially like the dedication we are seeing to work on the D2 patch 1.13. It got delayed months ago, and they still haven't started work again yet. Oh and that last patch we got, 1.12...it lets you run the game without the CD in your CD drive or mounted in an emulator. Big deal. There were absolutely no game improvements.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Paranoidmage[/nom]I especially like the dedication we are seeing to work on the D2 patch 1.13. It got delayed months ago, and they still haven't started work again yet. Oh and that last patch we got, 1.12...it lets you run the game without the CD in your CD drive or mounted in an emulator. Big deal. There were absolutely no game improvements.[/citation]

Name me one other Developer that is even patching a game that is 8 years old. I am talking about a stand alone PC game not an MMO. I venture to guess there isn't one. I imagine with the announcement of D3, D2 lost some of it's resources and I would rather see D3 sooner than D2 get an update.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
the wonderful new patch for WC3 killed 95% of the custom maps......THANKS BLIZZARD!

And they have delayed SC2 and Diablo 3 how many times now?!

selits

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
Yeah, it does kinda suck that Blizzard has such high support for a game that has monthly fees over older games that don't. Makes no sense!

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
The 2 new races are old news, but I haven't heard anything about blowing up Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms...

To be honest, I would rather see new classes than new races. That would bring back at least a couple hundred subscribers for around a month or so before people get bored with level grinding again.

I used to play WoW 4-5 hrs a night for almost 5 years...found out that leveling 4 80's got boring after the 3rd one. and every one of them are in at least t7. -_- I hate addictions. Good thing Ima be trying Aion when it comes out in the US haha.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
New races (and classes) are always welcome, but I hope they won't change existing content to the profit of new content. I like leveling alts and it's always fun to come back to "the roots". In fact, I would like Blizzard to find a way to resurect old stuff like MC, ZG and the like, the way they did with Naxx.

If the next expansion is indeed named Cataclsym, it will probably feature the underwater world of the Naga, the Maelstrom, created by the explosion of the Well of Eternity. That'd be sweet, except that I hate to fight in the water! ;)

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I agree with you a little bit zak. I do not like leveling through Arathi Highlands, STV, basically anything lvl's 30-50. I did like raiding all the old content back in the day. It would be sweet if they made something sort of like Caverns of Time to port back to the "older" days and raid those places again.

I dont know how they will be going from killing Arthas in Wrath of the Lich King to a completely different expansion. Since fighting the Lich King was the last part of the WC series (I think).

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]Not to get into an argument here, but Blizzard is better than any other company about updates, they just released an update to WarCraft III and that game is over 7 years old.[/citation]

An update that completely disabled use of any map that wasn't developed by Blizzard.

covertxt5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Blizzard is by far the best game developing company out their. How can an article about blizzard developing a new expansion for wow which is quite exciting be a rant against blizzard - all I can say is; people need to stop complaining and start being positive, all you people do is complain about everything.

kutark

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
Am i the only one that read this and was compelled to make huge wanking gestures with my hand? Honestly. This game needs to die and they need to release a new MMO. The mudflation is utterly out of control, and the "content" is even more contrived than usual, which is actually sad considering how badly blizzard shamelessly rips from other IP's. Hrmmm... Icecrown.LotrMovieRipoff=True.

I get so sick of all the blizzard fanboism. Do they make quality games? Yes. Are they innovative? no. They do a great job of taking other people's ideas, and turning them into cohesive and polished games, thats about the extent of their abilities.

meguas

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
They won't get rid of the old world, not only due to leveling, but skilling up as well, what would they do with mining for example? Skinning? There is too much tied in.

What I assume will happen is we will get access to the center of the map where that huge swirl is.

Status
Not open for further replies.