Question Two of the same monitors, different refresh rates and color...

Feb 27, 2018
I am using two of these monitors I bought from amazon
Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA Port)

however on one of the monitors I am only getting 60hz refresh rate. Could it be because I am using two different cables hooked to my GPU? The monitor with 60hz is using an hdmi to hdmi, and the monitor with 75hz is using a DVI to HDMI. Also the 75hz monitor seems to not look as bright as the other monitor, even though both are set at the same settings (I triple checked).

My GPU is a GTX 1070ti Founders edition and I have a Ryzen 7 2700x, 16gb ram and windows 10 (if any of that is helpful).

Thanks for any and all help, it would be very much appreciated!

-sidenote however, if anyone knows anything about video editing/recording I could really use some help with that too... for some reason whenever I record anything the video comes out really blurry. I've been getting gameplay clips using the geforce experience instant replay thing and I have my settings at 1080p, bitrate is maxed at 50 and everything is basically set to high yada yada. But everything comes out blurry in the recordings. I've also tried using OBS to record just incase it was just nvidias problem but no even with good settings (I watched a load of youtube tutorials on good OBS recording settings for 1080p) videos still come out blurry in recording. Mind you while im playing games they look fine!