Two problems (BSOD)

DiegoMN

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello, sometimes when I do certain actions my screen freezes and then show me a blue screen that says:
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

I think is something about my hard drive for what I googled, but Im not 100% sure.

I used malwarebytes but nothing was detected and scaned the hard drive in cmd whithout any problem as well.

Also when I leave the pc Idle for around 10-20 minutes it restarts, but I dont really know if is for the same cause.

EDIT: I did an error checking the disk and blue screen again.

the error indicates that the system had problems accessing storage. Often, the dump file can not be written in these cases.

check your drive cables, power. Maybe, put it on a different SATA port or controller, update your motherboard BIOS and drivers (for chipset and SATA controller).

drives are spun down after 10 or 15 min by default, often there are bugs in the BIOS or the drive that prevent them from starting back up from this low power state. If a BIOS update does not fix this (or a firmware update of the drive) then you can go into windows control panel, and change the power saving settings for the drive. (change the plan settings for the drive so the drive does not sleep)

DiegoMN

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016

Im planning in buy a new hard drive, do you think that can solve the problem? Also the solutuion is for the kernel problem or the idle restart?

we can not tell with the info provided. It would depend on the subcodes in the bugcheck were.
You should run crystaldiskinfo.exe and read your smart data from the drive to see if the drive is actually failing.

many systems have two SATA controllers, often one will have driver problems and the other one may work fine.
All you would have to do would be to move the drives data line to the second controller and see if it works better.

There are also some common bugs in BIOS or firmware in drives that make the drive fail to respond after the system tells to to sleep. (these errors tend to require a BIOS update and would not be fixed even if you replace the drive)

DiegoMN

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016

I fear about updating bios because if is interruped my motherboard die right? Is the procces fast?.

Also I did an error checking on the hard drive and kernel blue screen again. Could it be two different problems at once?

generally most bios updates take less than a minute.

DiegoMN

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016

sorry for being late, I checked the disk, is this serious? http://postimg.org/image/9gdjan85n/