Question two ssds

Jun 28, 2024
Hello guys quick question i have 2 ssds one of them being slower(1.6 GB read/write) and being QLC 512gb and then i just installed a new ssd which is faster (7GB read/write) TLC 1tb and the question is should i make the slower one for the system and the faster for games or system and games on the faster one?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, you state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Second, based off the limited information you've given us, the slowest SSD would be okay to have as your OS/app/launcher drive, while the larger faster drive would be good as a game library...then again we would be better informed to let you know if we knew what you had to work with as opposed to merely going off of read/write speeds.

Hello guys quick question i have 2 ssds one of them being slower(1.6 GB read/write) and being QLC 512gb and then i just installed a new ssd which is faster (7GB read/write) TLC 1tb and the question is should i make the slower one for the system and the faster for games or system and games on the faster one?
Most work is done by OS so it should be on faster drive for full effect although in practice it would be difficult to feel.
You should list full system specs including both SSDs

kanewolf

Titan
There will be very little real world difference. Benchmark numbers might vary, but real world speedup will be minimal.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If you already have the OS installed on the slower one then I see no practical reason to change it.

The difference is so little in real world performance.

Jun 28, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, you state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Second, based off the limited information you've given us, the slowest SSD would be okay to have as your OS/app/launcher drive, while the larger faster drive would be good as a game library...then again we would be better informed to let you know if we knew what you had to work with as opposed to merely going off of read/write speeds.
CPU: 5600
CPU cooler : sm from aqirys idk really
motherboard : b550 ds3h rev1.4 (bios FC)
Ram : 3200mhz ddr4 16gb
SSDs: Lexar nm790 1tb (fast one)
Adata legend 710 512gb (slow one)
Gpu: 6650xt
Psu: 600w dont know model ( less than 1yr)
chassis : idk
monitor : xv252q zbmiiprx