U.S. BlackBerry 10 Launch Might Be Later Than We Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame the carriers. AT&T and Verizon are a nightmare for device manufacturers. Heins was not about to hold back the launch of BB10 in UK, Canada and elsewhere just to wait for the shoddy job US carriers are doing.

halcyon

Splendid
This is completely expected. Add a little delay so that those folks that are actually interested in the device (yes, they're out there) can't wait to drop their $$$ on it as soon as they can and actually consider themselves lucky to be able to do so.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
This has nothing to do with blackberry. US carriers need 2 months to figure out how to screw up a new phone. Since its a very new phone, they need more time unlike android.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Eh, who cares at this point. Sure there are plenty of people on here that root for the underdog but BB requires enterprises to upgrade BES in order to work with BB10. At this point, not worth it and a another bad move by BB.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Eh, who cares at this point. Sure there are plenty of people on here that root for the underdog but BB requires enterprises to upgrade BES in order to work with BB10. At this point, not worth it and a another bad move by BB.[/citation]
Enterprises typically don't rush into to upgrading existing devices as soon new ones are released. The biggest impact for the delayed launch in the US is for the consumer market as more and more consumers opt to renew existing contracts with current iOS and android devices (also, for the consumer, you no longer require BIS to work with BB10).

Enterprise will slowly adopt the new devices when their ready.

G

Just go on a short trip to Canada and buy an unlocked phone. Won't that work?

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
First off enterprises have had the phone since before launch testing it ans I BELIEVE but am not 100% sure that the BES upgrade this time is free if your coming from a lower version. Can't recall where I saw this. I'm grabbing one. Hope T-Mobile launches it sooner. Honestly the one thing I care about the most (the browser) this phone does the best. So yes I would be one of those who would feel lucky to buy it today or even on the very day it launches in the US or on T-Mobile.

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
First off enterprises have had the phone since before launch testing it ans I BELIEVE but am not 100% sure that the BES upgrade this time is free if your coming from a lower version. Can't recall where I saw this. I'm grabbing one. Hope T-Mobile launches it sooner. Honestly the one thing I care about the most (the browser) this phone does the best. So yes I would be one of those who would feel lucky to buy it today or even on the very day it launches in the US or on T-Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS