U.S. Cables Companies Preparing to Allow Game Streaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nocteratus

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
Bandwidth cap is killing a lot of services like netflix and so on...

Why would I pay a few $$ to rent a movie on the internet and being charge for the bandwidth. With all the updates for computers, smartphones and others stuff we can easily go over our bandwidth cap if we rent movies, download games trough streaming, watching video on YouTube, listening to radio on the web, playing games, etc... And now with contents that require more data.

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
they won't win me over unless they manage to offer things that consoles don't (mature games/AO [as in HBO/Starz], higher resolution, surround sound, and MMO).

But this ends up being counter productive when you're paying a premium for shows, movies, music, and streaming gaming? even if it is all on demand there would be too much to choose from and very little on your schedule.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I thought this was about cable companies ending internet data caps, which would force phone companies to follow. Leave disappointed.[/citation]

until ether the goverment makes data caps illegal or the internet is dropped for something better, don't expect it to change.

I was thinking that there was going to be some change when google did their internet, but the changes weren't anything that changed the game at hand for the ISPs as it was/is just in a limited area. =/

But after reading this, I was reminded of the old consoles they used to have in some hotel rooms for some reason.

I really think this is just the cable companys trying to keep customers given that you can watch most stuff online now a days and I know that the xbox360 and I do beleave the PS3 can have things streamed from them as well.

this comes off as cable companys are afraid of consoles to me, strangely enuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS