Ubisoft Updates 'Tom Clancy's The Division,' Patch 1.0.2 Brings Better Loot, Fewer Exploits

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I usually watch live streams of actual play before deciding to buy a game, its not just an investment of money but time as well, that is when I realize I can just watch someone else play it for me and sub to their channel

Sam Bittermann

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I usually watch live streams of actual play before deciding to buy a game, its not just an investment of money but time as well, that is when I realize I can just watch someone else play it for me and sub to their channel

WTF...That's like watching someone else have sex for you.

Chris Reilly

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I have a level 20 character now...I like the game...its a 3rd person rpg shooter for lack of better words, its fun and very challenging on hard,

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Is this game any good?
Seems that it just comes down to taste. If you don't mind the fact that shooting someone many times to kill them is unrealistic and can understand that the game is an RPG, then there is a good chance you will like it. The game is done very well overall and there are a lot of details that let you find out how much time went into building the world. Unfortunately, it seems that in order to achieve that, they were not able to put as much thought into the end-game activities as you would think they could have done given the amount of time they were given. So the end game is still being tweaked right now, but the good thing is that the devs are listening attentively and doing what they can to make the game stay enjoyable for all types of players.

Personally, I have about 80-90 hours in the game and have still not run out of things to do. There are still challenging bits and a lot of opportunities to have fun. I think the current complaints are valid, but don't really ruin the game for you unless you let it.

Is this game any good?

If you like role playing games and first person shooters, big emphasis on RPG. The graphics are simply amazing too.

I, however, did not like the RPG aspects of the game. I don't like shooting at people and have to watch their hitpoints as i shoot them. If this game were exactly the same, except more like tom clancy's previous games where shot placement mattered more, and was more of a simulation in regards to firefights, i would have liked this game.

But as it is now, it's too RPG like when fighting people, and i have no taste for that. However, my brother is a long time WOW player, he loves this game.

Have you ever shot someone to know if it is realistic? Ask the cops/military that have to shoot suspects multiple times to get them to drop. Games are not 100% like real life. You don't always get a perfect head shot.

You obviously havent played tom clancy's other games. They are designed to be like a simulation. Shooting someone in the face is an instant kill, but everything else is realistic, it takes several shots to kill someone, and hitting in the leg causes you to limp etc....

What the other person is talking about is that shooting someone in division is exactly like an RPG. You watch their hitpoint bar go down and you see a hitpoit every time you shoot someone. When you take down a boss, you have to kit them with like 400 bullets, a turret, and several grenades before they're dead, it's on the opposite end of realistic from your logic.

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

Looks like you didn't read my comment. There is surely room between killing in one shot and killing in 50 shots. In no way is the damage system in this game realistic. But in no way is that a bad thing. Like I said my in comment, I am enjoying this game immensely. I was just saying that that simple fact seems to be the largest single turn-off to many people and when people can get past that, which should not be that difficult, people tend to enjoy the game.

Absolutely right, it's my only gripe with the game and the reason i don't play it. I did the beta and was bored on the last day. I only played the last day because my friends asked me to. I'm not knocking people that do like it, but it certainly wasn't my cup of tea.

However, i've been playing rainbow six games since the very first PC game came out on my 120mhz pentium 1 and my 6mb 3dfx voodoo card.

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Absolutely right, it's my only gripe with the game and the reason i don't play it. I did the beta and was bored on the last day. I only played the last day because my friends asked me to. I'm not knocking people that do like it, but it certainly wasn't my cup of tea.

However, i've been playing rainbow six games since the very first PC game came out on my 120mhz pentium 1 and my 6mb 3dfx voodoo card.
I was just discussing that with my friend the other day. I miss the old Rainbow Six games. It was so suspenseful. Every time you would open a door, the music would abruptly louden and spook you. Jumped in my chair so many times. They don't make that type of game anymore, unfortunately.

Yeah, playing the original Rainbow Six titles up to 3's expacs entirely in spectator mode. I loved that option. It was really rewarding to me to plan every minute detail of an Op and then watch all of your hard work play out without extra influence.

I sort of enjoy the game. I have trouble choosing to launch it, but once I'm in, I'm lost in the game world for as long as my free time permits.

I don't have any issue with any sponginess. I played Everquest for years which included 54 people beating on something for several minutes to get something out of it.

The time to kill allows for the interaction between players, time to choose your approach and methods. That's most relevant while gearing up. Once fully geared, death times are close enough to instant, and actually remove choice and opportunities, rather than adding anything fun or unique.

I've also said before that I have little trouble suspending my disbelief playing another game where a melee weapon weighs as much as a Volkswagen, yet takes several hits to crush a creature of flesh and bone. I definitely have no issue with that type of gameplay whether its a mace or a M4.

Why? Are you in agreeance with it? What's your stance? I watched that earlier and its a terrible review. He doesn't cover crafting, group roles like tank / dps / healer. It's just the ramblings of an idiot.

Wow, you die once, you lose 84k experience and 134k points. You survive, you get 2,700point, lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you die once, you lose 84k experience and 134k points. You survive, you get 2,700point, lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the beginnings of a meme. Grinds for 2 weeks straight, complains about a 2 hour setback.

What are you talking about? 134,000 points if you die once, 2,700 points if you survive. That's like grinding for 4 weeks, and losing it all in 5 minutes.

That's just the regular currency. At this level of play, you don't really need it, and its easy to get more. You will lose dark zone experience. That might be worth caring about. I don't think anyone at level 30 with 50 dark zone levels will risk it going max rogue if that is also their weapon requirement. Unless they are just crazy. :)

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I've got it on PC, XB1, PS4. Invested about 7 days total. Have all 3 lvl 30's. Its a fun game and it has its moments. A lot of those happen with friends. Main reason i have it on all 3. Waiting and hoping cross platform happens sooner rather then later.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Hi. I came to not comment on if the games' good or not, I'm just wondering when my game will look like the screenshots. Aw...alright, I'll do my part, but the first question still seriously applies.

Good? What is good. I don't know you. Good is relative. I hit level 10 in SP and the next zone is 12. I now have to run around and shoot stuff and basically kill time/waste my life to go to the lvl12 zone. Oh, I tried at lvl 10. I was One-Shot by burny-boy. I haven't played the game in a week. I stopped at lvl 11. I actually don't want to play online games with these, or those, people. My friends play on console. I don't care or want to care about strangers. Get your loot boys, I ain't in it. SP was fun, albeit, repetitive, until there was zone level gaps. I got it for free, so I've moved on to Stardew Valley and Subnautica. When I want to play with other people in my world, I shoot them in the face, CS style.

G

Game is stupid. Playing again Crysis 1, 2 , and 3 and hoping Crytek comes out with another master piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.