Question Ubuntu and Boot menu

Feb 6, 2023
Hello! I'm in troubles with Ubuntu!
I've got a computer desktop made about 10 years ago. Its firmware is a BIOS.
I installed Ubuntu on my computer a while back and it came out the word "Ubuntu" on the Boot menu. After a while a reinstalled Windows and the word Ubuntu was still on the Boot menu. After a while I reinstalled Ubuntu and it came out a second word "Ubuntu" in my Boot menu. I did it again ad a third word "Ubuntu" has been displayed! I would like to know whether I can deleate them!
I think that when I installed Ubuntu it modified my BIOS since the Boot menu is displayed before I can launch any OS.

Hello! I'm in troubles with Ubuntu!
I've got a computer desktop made about 10 years ago. Its firmware is a BIOS.
I installed Ubuntu on my computer a while back and it came out the word "Ubuntu" on the Boot menu. After a while a reinstalled Windows and the word Ubuntu was still on the Boot menu. After a while I reinstalled Ubuntu and it came out a second word "Ubuntu" in my Boot menu. I did it again ad a third word "Ubuntu" has been displayed! I would like to know whether I can deleate them!
I think that when I installed Ubuntu it modified my BIOS since the Boot menu is displayed before I can launch any OS.
It's in the hdd your not doing a proper format of old os info before reinstalling a new os

Basically you need to do a fully hdd/ssd wipe to clear all the old info

Reactions: Black7
Feb 6, 2023
It's in the hdd your not doing a proper format of old os info before reinstalling a new os

Basically you need to do a fully hdd/ssd wipe to clear all the old info
Is it!? Thank you very much!!! You really helped me a lot!! When I installed Windows I deleated any partitions, but the "words" were still there. Am I supposed to do a fully hdd format?

Is it!? Thank you very much!!! You really helped me a lot!! When I installed Windows I deleated any partitions, but the "words" were still there. Am I supposed to do a fully hdd format?
Format all partitions then delete all partitions it should then say unallocated space at which point should be considered a default drive and ready for fresh use.

Reactions: Koykis and Black7