UC/USWC?

G

Note:
a. USWC- uncacheable, speculatable, write-combining for higher write throughput; make sure your video driver support this function, otherwise you may encounter problem.
b. UC- uncacheable; all reads and writes appear on the bus, no speculative accesses are made.

(quote from Asus's site search)

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by alexlck on 12/16/00 08:34 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Yeah, I had this same question when I bought my computer more than 2 years ago. The motherboard is an Asus P2L97 (LX chipset) and UC/UCWS is one of the settings in the bios.

I remember in my manual or in the asus support area, it said not to enable this setting unless you are sure your hardware supports it, or else your computer may not boot. Software will not make a difference so don't worry about what driver you have. I bought a Diamond Multimedia Viper V550 last christmas and decided to take a risk and enable the setting.

Wow! My framerates in games went up about 5% or so and my computer hasn't had any stability problems since.

Because you're running a new nvidia card and motherboard, I would expect you can enable it for a small performance boost. I would think about getting a second opinion first, as I don't wanna be responsible for screwing up your system.

Anyone else know what this setting does, in simple terms?

TRENDING THREADS