UD TEAM

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBurger

Illustrious
The backdoor out.

Anyhow, back on topic...
FatBurger 01/09/2002 0:000:15:08:59 289 5
tinytoonadventure 01/09/2002 0:000:14:36:58 215 7

How can he be getting fewer points per result, yet have more results in less time? I can't figure that out.

I guess he has less diskspace and/or a worse NIC, but a better processor. Then he can do more in less time but get fewer points.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

PoolSnoopy

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001
Hi FatBurger! (sounds tasty) ;-)

As far as I understand the scoring system you rather get points for CPU-time and not for the number of results. So a faster computer will get less points per result but do more results in the same way. So it stays the same. On the other hand is the evalution of the computer. He (tinytoonadventure) is a friend of mine and he is using two devices. A rather fast P4 1.7GHz with 640MB RAM and a good NIC. The other PC is a PII-300-snail. So the evaluation will be about 125 for the P4 and about 50 for the PII.
Hope that did help. :)

cigarettes taste much better since I'm looking for a cure for cancer :tongue:

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
They only rated my @140 :( Do they rate all of them same? They are giving me the shaft on my NIC! They rate it at about 60% of their reference. I have a built in 3com nic. I don't think it's that bad.

<b>Why is divorce so expensive..... because it's worth it!!</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.