UEFI Firmware Setting Missing

GreenandSlimy

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
I currently have a little problem, I have windows 8.1 current installed. I'm trying to access the UEFI(BIOS) menu, but i can't. In normal startup it boots too fast to even try and press f2 or f8-10 or whatever the key is. Even if i try to press any buttons my monitor wont display anything wont even go to the windows login menu,. And when i try going in charms bar>settings>change pc settings>update+recovery> recovery> restart now> troubleshoot> adv. options> and UEFI Firmware Settings option should be there, but it's not.
I have a Gigabyte z97x- SLI motherboard, Intel i5 4670k processor, HP w2072a monitor, and Winodws 8.1 installed. I have had this problem ever since I installed windows 8.1 and never found a fix or a thread any way on the whole wide internet where someone has the same problem as me and someone had a fix, so if someone could help me that would be fantastic, thanks

Shut down the computer, unplug the power and remove the side cover. On the motherboard there is an areas with two pins that needs to be shorted in order to reset the BIOS. Like this:

122essl.png

GreenandSlimy

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

Do you think you could provide a picture of the "jumper" i'm looking at the motherboard, but i dont seem to see what you're talking about.

GreenandSlimy

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

Sorry i haven't said anything i was trying to overclock my cpu and i couldn't figure how to reply on my phone. So i got into the bios, I could change the settings and all, but when i go to Save & Exit it'll just open this screen that says Gigabyte----- and is frozen there. The only way to get out of it is to touch the two spikes with a metal object. Even on restart it doesn't fix it. So far you have been help, can you be anymore?

Do not do that while it's connected to power. If you haven't already, you'll ruin the board. I specifically said you need to unplug the unit and have it turned off when you reset the BIOS. If you're trying to overclock the cpu on a system that doesn't even work right, I don't think I can help you at all.

GreenandSlimy

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

Where in my reply did you get that i did it while the system was on? Why are you jumping to conclusion when I never said that? I never reset it while it was on you're just putting words in my mouth.

So i got into the bios, I could change the settings and all, but when i go to Save & Exit it'll just open this screen that says Gigabyte----- and is frozen there. The only way to get out of it is to touch the two spikes with a metal object.

That's why I thought you meant that it froze so you had to short the pins to unfreeze it. I was like, Nooooooooo, sorry if you took offense. Just trying to make sure you don't wreck your rig. Not trying to "put words in your mouth". Good luck.

GreenandSlimy

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

Sorry I got so grouchy and rude when I said that, but do you know what could be the problem or how to fix it? Or maybe even a thread for it?