Ga-990fx gaming
Fx-9590 (please just dont)
H115i
Crossfire - r9 Fury Nitro (x2)
Hx1000i PSU
32gb Trident X 2133Mhz 4x8gb
ECP01 - Pretty cool.
960 pro 1tb - OS
850 pro 1tb - gaming, (arma 3 for instance)
3tb HDD that i use on and off for memory paging and such

If you have any opinions about something i shouldnt be doing according to my specs then let me know but i am somewhat experienced so dont hash cause of my 9590. This is my first post here and my third Build.

Onto this build i finally decided to go into the overclocking world, obviously not much on the cpu since it's already one of the highest (i think) ghz frequencies.

Yes i know the 9590 is an OC 8350. (I came from an 8350 and still have it and its what i wanted, plus got it for 110 before Ryzen)

Yes i know that my motherboard (if you look) only supports up to 2000mhz OC.

Im trying to underclock my RAM to 1600mhz or even 1866 would be great! And i have done a lot of research on this and as far as i know, except for the fact that this ram isnt on my compatibility list, it should work.

I went through alot of failure boots and blue screens until i found the frequency that worked and showed 1600mhz in UEFI but then boot Manager shows 667 mhz (yes i know about CPU-Z) i tried to go to 1866 and it would fail again. But even when it shows 1600 in bios it is only 1333 in Windows.

I cant just up or down my ram multiplier because my computer just tends to fail right after POST... i have to fidget with the BCLK and a little bit of multiplier to get things runnin.

I enabled XMP
BCLK - 211mhz
Cpu - underclocked until i figure this out to 4.2ghz and vcore is 1.35 (ive tried 1.4)
Ram - 1.6v and timings i tried adjusting but ended up going back to default for sake of finding the real problems.

PLEASE HELP

Solution
Are you seeing it in Task Manager? Because that may not show the actual value, so check it in Hwinfo64, that should give you the correct value.
As of voltages, 1.5V should be plenty for 1600Mhz at CL9-9-9-24 or around that.
And you could try lowering the BCLK to 200, because the memory controller might not be able to keep up with that.
And remember that using two DIMMs per channel somewhat limits your OC capabilities.

By the way, this CPU is just not enough for those GPUs, so I think it's time for an upgrade.

PhysX_HW

Distinguished
Are you seeing it in Task Manager? Because that may not show the actual value, so check it in Hwinfo64, that should give you the correct value.
As of voltages, 1.5V should be plenty for 1600Mhz at CL9-9-9-24 or around that.
And you could try lowering the BCLK to 200, because the memory controller might not be able to keep up with that.
And remember that using two DIMMs per channel somewhat limits your OC capabilities.

By the way, this CPU is just not enough for those GPUs, so I think it's time for an upgrade.

Solution