ugrade my pc

Feb 18, 2018
i have a really 10years old pc which i would like to upgrade. I want for home usebut also i will play some light games until i buy a gtx 1060
i will buy:
1. a ryzen 7 1700x( as a future proof cpu that i will keep 6 years and more)
2.mobo Gigabyte AX370M-DS3H (rev. 1.x)
3.Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666MHz
and i would like to ask can i kepp my 8 years old psu 400w or buy a new one
if you want you can suggest me if that pc build is overkill and what can i change
my bugdet is 350euros i came from greece
thanks in advance

Solution
7nm is due soon (next year is likely) so whatever you get for “future proofing” you’d want one of those. If you can afford a r7 2xxx or 1700 get one of those. 2nd gen has a minor performance bump and B450 board have better ram support. Wouldn’t buy the X or too end variants because you can OC the bottom tier chips to perform around the same as a top tier. Then it’s silicone lottery as to how much more you get.
Firstly, I hope you have a discrete GPU from the older system - the 1700X doesn't have integrated graphics, so it needs a dedicated GPU to be able to provide an output to the monitor.

Secondly, you don't really need an X370 board, B350 is fine, unless you plan on doing SLI or CrossFire.

Thirdly, tell us the exact make and model of the PSU, it's probably not a good idea to use it with a GTX 1060, but until then you might be able to keep it.

Feb 18, 2018
is the 1700x overkill for my use?
can you suggest me a future proof (ryzen) cpu for my use?
thanks in advance
also i want to overclock the cpu in the future
the psu is premier
model: DR-8400BTX

7nm is due soon (next year is likely) so whatever you get for “future proofing” you’d want one of those. If you can afford a r7 2xxx or 1700 get one of those. 2nd gen has a minor performance bump and B450 board have better ram support. Wouldn’t buy the X or too end variants because you can OC the bottom tier chips to perform around the same as a top tier. Then it’s silicone lottery as to how much more you get.

Solution