UK Consumers to Get Another Shot at Nexus 4 at 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I was looking at getting the Nexus 4 because I really liked the idea of stock, barebones Andriod. The lack of 4G LTE and a MicroSD card slot were the nails in the coffin for me though. It just lacked the added functionality that almost every other competitive phone offers. For years people ragged on the iPhone 4 and 4S for missing the same features this phone is missing.

With that said, the Nexus 4 is a killer phone for the price. $300 with no contract is amazing for a top-tier smartphone. I just got a Galaxy Note 2 this past weekend and it was $300 WITH a contract. Here's to hoping that Google can make miracles happen with the features and price of the Nexus 5 when it comes out.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Chances are they will do the same thing they are doing in the States. Rather than "Out of Stock" and unable to order, they will take orders and say something like Ships in 5-6 weeks.

G

Google Wallet failing us in the UK
"Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours."
Google have botched it again.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]AnnoyedUKpundit[/nom]Google Wallet failing us in the UK"Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours."Google have botched it again.[/citation]

I got this ALL DAY yesterday trying to order one. Never managed to get it, yet a friend had his order go through first time. I agree -- Google have royally screwed up the ordering.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]whiteodian[/nom]Chances are they will do the same thing they are doing in the States. Rather than "Out of Stock" and unable to order, they will take orders and say something like Ships in 5-6 weeks.[/citation]

or they can do what they did in Canada, after 3 hours of stuck at 7 - 8 weeks, it's went to SOLD OUT by 6PM EST (was available at 3 PM EST)...

Status
Not open for further replies.