UK Retailer Clove Puts Galaxy S III Mini Up for Pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Measuring four inches in size (compared to the GSIII's 4.6-inch display)

The Galaxy S III has a 4.8" screen. Just sayin'. :)

The Mini looks okay, but it is specced slightly lower than the Galaxy S II. The only advantage it has is NFC, and that's hardly going to set the world on fire. It might also have been left a little wanting in the battery capacity area.

To me, it looks like a way of stealing iPhone sales by having an identically sized device at a much cheaper price. Sneaky, but the specs are just too low.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]The Galaxy S III has a 4.8" screen. Just sayin'. The Mini looks okay, but it is specced slightly lower than the Galaxy S II. The only advantage it has is NFC, and that's hardly going to set the world on fire. It might also have been left a little wanting in the battery capacity area.To me, it looks like a way of stealing iPhone sales by having an identically sized device at a much cheaper price. Sneaky, but the specs are just too low.[/citation]

The specs are fine for the market they are going for. Samsung actually had a 4" phone in 2009 with the Galaxy S. It was a 4" screen, and large for it's time. This phone is going for a middle market, and the specs are actually pretty darn good for a casual user. It's a nice little phone imo.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Yes, but we're nearly three years down the path from the original Galaxy S (I had one). I think the problem is that it has "S" in the name whereas previous models have clearly separated themselves from the high-end phones by not doing so.

It has a Mali-400MP GPU which is actually pretty good, and with the 1GB of RAM I'm probably being a bit unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.