UK to Announce New Web and Email Monitoring Law 'Soon'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peroludiarom

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Guys are you crazy ?? This is your privacy, and somebody will have access to all your communications? Go to the streets and say "No" to this b***hit..

onanonanon

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Well it's a damn good thing we had the Revolutionary War![/citation]
Yeah, because the US government would never do anything like this, would they? Oh, wait...

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
We've just seen newspapers buying info from the police in the UK. Papers buying info from a dodgy GCHQ officer could be explosive and damage people's careers. Whilst I'm all for stopping illegal activity this is a step too far.

jehanne

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I am not trying to "blow my own horn," but sending anonymous email is a snap:

http://anonusa.net/

It's not spam; it's free!!!

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Well it's a damn good thing we had the Revolutionary War![/citation]

I sincerely hope you're trolling...

Seriously, you cannot actually be that ignorant...

andypl

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
If people think this is (just) about stopping crime then they deserve all they will get. This is about the government and other organisations building personal profiles on everyone. The government (or associated profiling organisations) will sell these profiles to marketing and businesses who will use them to 'target' people with annoying e-mails, letters, mailshots, phone calls.

It matters not what promises are made by the government - once the privacy wall is breached it is gone and gone forever, and every person's personal information will sooner or later simply become a commodity to be owned and sold to the highest bidder. The DVLA are already doing this with our personal details. So expect the same with internet usage profiles.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Just another example of Attorneys and Politicians to control something that basically can not be controlled.
You honestly think a potential terrorist or criminal (not the dumb kind dropping his drivers license when robbing a bank) will be using plain email to discuss whatever they need to discuss?
Please, encryption aside there are so many ways to communicate in a rather unobtrusive way that can not be controlled. Steganography comes to mind. let's hide messages in those oversized fake boobies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.