Ultima Returns as Browser-Based F2P MMO Strategy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Using a familiar IP for an ENTIRELY different game. I don't see the point, other than trying to get old fans . . .but they probably wouldn't like the game just because it has the old name.

tamerlee

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
This isn't a new game. I played the beta of this game a few years ago. Nothing has changed except for a bit of the UI. It's an awful game.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
You can't say Ultima returns when no one wants to play this crap garbage. They have arguably the best and most storied RPG inspired IP in gaming history and yet they EA refuses or is incapable of doing anything worth while with it.

Here's a better idea for EA to take Ultima Online and turn aspects of it into a real MOBA like DOTA/LOL/HON with characters, items, skill based templates, and spell abilities based on the game franchise.

They should just can the Warhammer Online MOBA and instead be retooling the Ultima Online game into a separate MOBA.

It's beyond my comprehension why they haven't jumped on board and used the Ultima IP to do something at least when it's the most rich and storied rpg IP's in game history the series has been around of ages.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
This article should have just been written EA once again doing something no one cares about with another confiscated bought out IP they've beaten into the ground. The most pathetic and sad part is that EA is willing to release this onto the public, but they canceled UO2 and UXO for no good reasons both of which crap all over Lord of Ultima.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Dear EA sell or lease the Ultima IP to Bethesda Softworks so a real game company can make a product to do the name justice because you retards don't have the slightest clue what to do with a outstandingly great IP or better yet sell it back to Richard Garriot himself.

zankuto

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
[citation][nom]knowom[/nom]Dear EA sell or lease the Ultima IP to Bethesda Softworks so a real game company can make a product to do the name justice because you retards don't have the slightest clue what to do with a outstandingly great IP or better yet sell it back to Richard Garriot himself.[/citation]
Richard Garriot the guy who made Tabula Rasa? Sorry but he quit making games.... a real shame. Least thats why they said on Tabula Rasa as he retired

JerryC

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007

This isn't a new game at all. Its been out for years and while it is a fun game, it is P2W.

G

They should have made this for IOS.
Also, are we sure it was EA's choice to use that name and concept? You do realize the devs have more of a say than we think they do, right?

LancerVI

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I am not typically an EA 'hater'. But on this one, I'm full of hatred!!!

I have every Ultima game ever made. I've played Ultima from the beginning. The cloth maps hang in my nerdery!!!

GOD D$%#@ you EA for F$%^^ UP one of the greatest RPG's of ALL TIME!!!!! (In my opinion, the best)

/rant

ChiefTexas_82

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I keep wishing EA would allow the release of the Ultima IV Nintendo port on the WII Store. Probably not going to happen.

Add Ultima to the long list of Titles like Dungeon Keeper that EA killed through Acquisition.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
i remember when that guy, killed lord british using an exploit. that was awesome and hilarious at the same time. first time i played UO i was just wonder around in a town and some guy got killed right in front of me. A buddy of mine was over and he said "holy sh@t, did they just kill that guy?) it was like a mugging.
it was my first encounter with a mmo. later i went wondering the wild, walking on a road and this guy "pc" approaches me and says "hey i have some armor to trade" so like a dumb a@@ i walk over to him in the woods and 4 other "pc's" come out of from behind the trees. He say's "give us your stuff or we will just take it". I went out like a bitch. I was pissed thought to myself "Man i just got rolled in a fricken computer game". true story.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Well I understand the hate but if EA is the only company to push UO to the masses then blame he entire industry for no one else stepping to the plate (for UO and other titles). At least EA is making it available.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Well I understand the hate but if EA is the only company to push UO to the masses then blame he entire industry for no one else stepping to the plate (for UO and other titles). At least EA is making it available.[/citation]
true, this is first time i have seen any news about UO in a long time. I thought the franchise had gone out to pasture.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Interesting that it's non-anime, MMO, and Free-To-Play. Is it possible that it could be a non-Chinese or Korean owned server?

Status
Not open for further replies.