Ultrabooks Could See Price Pressure Due to New Macbook Air

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Afrospinach[/nom]Ultrabooks are pretty outrageously priced and I dare say apple has a better showing in this segment vs the market as a whole.[/citation]

When I go to local 'puter store some times it is a little difficult to tell a MB Air from some of the ultra book PCs since they nearly take all the styling cues from Apple! lol.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... i wanna a macbook air with a AMD APU...[/citation]
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]Apple has been the only company smart enough to not use AMD CPUs.[/citation]
... i want it because of OpenCL and better GPU... a less expensive MacBook Air with sufficient CPU and better Radeon GPU with OpenCL support, that helps not only in games, but in Adobe CS6 and the new optimised stuff... c'mon!? I use GPU acceleration on my W7 PC in Sony Vegas 12 and Adobe CS6... and WinZip... and stuff... for budget oriented buyer a better GPU haz more benefits in new applications... the CPU is still important, but now you can do stuff more cost effective and faster...

pierre1

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]When I go to local 'puter store some times it is a little difficult to tell a MB Air from some of the ultra book PCs since they nearly take all the styling cues from Apple! lol.[/citation]

Yeah, and the ultra books are made of plastic.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Yawn. More pretty "nice design" (barf) for the iHerd even if it probably actually costs more than the obviously superior Ultrabooks. Fools easily parted with their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.