Ultrawide Monitor vs Curved Monitor?

xtae

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Later on I will be buying a new monitor for my main monitor. I currently have a 24inch Samsung Monitor (1920x1080) which will be my secondary monitor after I choose either a Ultrawide or Curved as my main.
Which one do you guys think is better for gaming and overall looks? :) Thanks in advance,

Solution
I recently bought monitor a few weeks ago. I was originally going to get an LG 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide.... they're around $450 with Freesync... but right before I went to buy it... I saw a 1440 BenQ 27" on sale for $350 so I went ahead and that got instead. But part of me kind wish I had bought the 1440 monitor.

One thing you should note... If you get an Ultrawide... make sure it's at least 29".. that would give you about the same vertical space as a 24".. Personally, I wouldn't go below 34" for an ultrawide.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
If you can't make up your mind... why not just improvise and go with the "Best of Both Worlds"... a Curved Ultrawide Monitor.

ultrawide-monitor.jpg

xtae

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

but so expensive!! :( I don't know.. Maybe.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
I recently bought monitor a few weeks ago. I was originally going to get an LG 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide.... they're around $450 with Freesync... but right before I went to buy it... I saw a 1440 BenQ 27" on sale for $350 so I went ahead and that got instead. But part of me kind wish I had bought the 1440 monitor.

One thing you should note... If you get an Ultrawide... make sure it's at least 29".. that would give you about the same vertical space as a 24".. Personally, I wouldn't go below 34" for an ultrawide.

Solution