[SOLVED] Unable to adjust fan speed.

Sep 3, 2020
Hello. I recently purchased this pc. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-ome...b-hdd-256gb-ssd-black/6402513.p?skuId=6402513
I'm attempting to adjust the fan speeds but all I can do is view the speeds in BIOS, not alter them. No fans show up in speed fan or HWiNfo except for my HDD's. Also I installed a liquid cpu cooler and have the fan it came with attached to the CPU fan header. Would that mean the rpms displayed for the cpu is actually the case fan? Because the cpu fan speed in bios says its rpm is around 1300 and I believe the corsair h60 should be running at 2k at all times.

Solution
to adjust fan speeds you will need a fan controller about £30 / as for the H60 its probably not running at full speed because of smart monitoring in the bios on the motherboard which needs to be disabled as it mentions in the instructions on the installation guide for the H60 any and all temp control stuff in the bios should be disabled hammer "delete" to access bios and once happy with changes save and exit warning if you mess it up it might not boot.
to adjust fan speeds you will need a fan controller about £30 / as for the H60 its probably not running at full speed because of smart monitoring in the bios on the motherboard which needs to be disabled as it mentions in the instructions on the installation guide for the H60 any and all temp control stuff in the bios should be disabled hammer "delete" to access bios and once happy with changes save and exit warning if you mess it up it might not boot.

Solution