Question Unable to adjust GPU settings

gregor1205

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hello all, i recently upgraded my pc with some used parts, one of these being a Sapphire RX 570 Pulse Itx, the card works fine but for some reason as soon as i power on my pc the fan on the card spins at full speed and stays like that the entire time which is incredibly annoying, i am unable to change the fan speed or any other setting for that matter through Msi afterburner or Sapphire trixx so i was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me find a solution. Here are my specs:
CPU i5 4690k

Mobo gigabyte h81m h

PSU evga 500w white 80 plus

Ram hyperx fury 4gb 1600mhz

HDD WD blue 1tb

OS Windows 7 home premium

gregor1205

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Check your temps. It could be that it is overheating, and might need the thermal paste redone. I also recommend you get a better quality PSU. Those Evga whites are HEC built junk. Even a Corsair CX550m/650m would be vastly superior, in quality.
It doesnt appear to be overheating either, if i cant find a solution without having to take anything apart i think i'll just return the Gpu which im thankfully able to do due to it being from amazon despite it being used

, i am unable to change the fan speed or any other setting for that matter through Msi afterburner or Sapphire trixx

First off, I assume your SAPPHIRE GPU features the fan STOP 0db feature, meaning the fans shouldn't spin in idle mode, right ? Also, have you plugged in the PCI-e connectors to the GPU, 6/8-PIN ? Try doing this.

Do a CLEAN and a fresh re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as any OC software you have used till now, MSI AB, TRIXX, Precision, and others. Completely remove and wipe out all previous saved entries and profiles, and then do a CLEAN re-install.

Just download only one OC tool to avoid any conflict. Do you have any other PSU to check the GPU ? Try to re-seat the GPU back firmly on the PCI-e slot.

Those Evga whites are HEC built junk.

Indeed. Those are very poor quality power supplies.

Last edited:
Reactions: lynx1021