[SOLVED] Unable to boot into BIOS, but boots into Windows just fine ?

Feb 28, 2022
I5-11600k
PNY gtx 1080 FE
PNY XLR8 16gb cl18 3600mhz RAM

I havent had any issues, aside from seeing my ram is set to 2133mhz. But when I try to enter bios, it just goes into Windows. I have tried fully shutting down, and mashing the DEL key as it says in the motherboard manual. I have also used the advanced recovery option in windows to try and do UEFI startup which also just boots into windows. I even tried using the bios software that comes with it, which has all the quick features of regular bios, but in windows environment., which has the option to enter bios, but then also boots into windows. Aswell as changing the ram speed in said bios software, says I need to reboot in order to change the memory speed, which then again is reset upon the reboot.
The only solution I saw online that I wasnt able to do was MBR2GPT, which failed.

Solution
Feb 28, 2022
Just figured it out.
Removed graphics card after resetting cmos. Used integrated graphics and was able to see bios finally. Turned out the default 2133mhz ram speed was causing the system to boot slowly, but also the ssd booting too fast so I couldn't get into bios. Noticed that my motherboard doesn't support 3600mhz speed, which forced system to reboot and default again. Set to 3200 and now I can see motherboard logo everytime when starting.

Reactions: rgd1101

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tried turning off fast boot in bios?

Your motherboard supports 3600 and higher so try fast boot off so bios has more memory training time.

Ram are in gray slots? If both ram in won't run at 3600 try one ram stick in first gray slot from cpu. Try both singularly.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Solution