Unable to Boot or get into BIOS after changing bios settings to only UEFI no legacy

Sep 20, 2021
I've been having issues recently with my PC booting from my old HDD rather than my SSD and that causing problems. I got particularly frustrated this morning and went nuclear like an idiot. After having changed to boot priority and such about 20 times I, despite not knowing what they really meant, decided to go into the advanced options and change the UEFI / Legacy settings and disable the HDD I was booting from in the bios. I also changed a setting that now I can't recall the name of to prioritize EFI booting. Now when I try to boot I get the ASUS motherboard logo on a different screen than it usually does and not in full screen (as in it doesn't fill my 1920x1080 monitor). It still says I can access bios with delete but pressing it does nothing and it doesn't actually boot at all. I can deal with my PC booting to the HDD rather than SDD and fix that later, what I'm concerned with is that I've bricked my PC or something while trying to troubleshoot. So if anyone has some tips or help regarding getting my bios settings reset without actually getting into the bio or how to fix this kind of no bios issue that would be more than enough for me.

I'm running windows 10 and I believe the motherboard is a sabertooth z77. Letme know what other info you need and where I can find it without being able to boot, thanks!

EDIT Well I got it running again by resetting the CMOS

Last edited:
After having changed to boot priority and such about 20 times I, despite not knowing what they really meant, decided to go into the advanced options and change the UEFI / Legacy settings and disable the HDD I was booting from in the bios. I also changed a setting that now I can't recall the name of to prioritize EFI booting. Now when I try to boot I get the ASUS motherboard logo on a different screen than it usually does and not in full screen (as in it doesn't fill my 1920x1080 monitor). It still says I can access bios with delete but pressing it does nothing and it doesn't actually boot at all. I can deal with my PC booting to the HDD rather than SDD and fix that later, what I'm concerned with is that I've bricked my PC or something while trying to troubleshoot. So if anyone has some tips or help regarding getting my bios settings reset without actually getting into the bio or how to fix this kind of no bios issue that would be more than enough for me.
i have a friend that have the same problem on p67 sabertooth where he stucked unless bios/cmos reset. i think it was the PCI settings or Option ROM?

i forget but once i instructed him to just go EFI Shell or something, it doesn't work like you, so reset cmos and let it force BIOS, then decided to disable Launch CSM, sata mode to AHCI, and hey, it works, well he proceed clean installing the windows. UEFI is automatic in the bios, so just let the option rom do Force Bios, enable Full Logo, disable fast boot, set sata to ahci, and disable Launch CSM, save and exit, and see if you could boot to windows. also dont forget to update the bios to the latest before doing these :D