Unable to burn DVDs

tom0927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
Hi everyone,

I'm suddenly unable to burn DVDs on my burner. I was using XP, and everything was fine, but then I upgraded to Vista, and it stopped burning discs. It always fails at 1%, I tried different burning software, same issue. I am able to read DVDs from the rom.

I went back to XP, and I'm still having the same issue. I have a blu-ray burner and a dvd burner, and using the same type of media, I can burn on my blu-ray, but not the dvd. I switched my dvd burner with another IDE dvd burner, still unable to burn dvds on my system, but my dvd burner works fine on the other system.

I'm using ASUS P5B motherboard, and this is the only IDE device I have now. I did install the JMicron 363 IDE drivers, and in Device Manager, it shows all the drivers are installed, no yellow exclamation marks. I checked the IDE settings, and DMA is enabled. I tried using another IDE cable, same issue.

In Burn Aware, the message showing now is Invalid Address for Write, and in Nero, it just says Burn Failed.

Thank you for all your help.

tom0927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
Thanks for the input, I've tried uninstalling the drives and the IDE channels, but I'm still unable to burn discs.

I've given up, and will buy a new SATA drive instead.