Question Unable to change RGB on Galahad II Trinity 240

Apr 27, 2024
Hi! So I'm fairly new to the world of PCs, just built my girlfriend one for her birthday and everything is running great so far! I recently upgraded her CPU cooler from an air cooler to an AIO cooler from Lian Li. I have an MSI B50M-A Pro Max Mobo hooking everything together but I'm having some issues with controlling the RGB.

Everything powers on normally, the fans and the cooler head lights up. But I'm unable to change the colors on L'Connect 3. It detects the pump and everything else; it even allows me to change the colors of my strimmers but I'm not able to change the colors of either the fans or the cooler head. I cant even change the speed of the fans on the radiator. I was going to buy an RGB controller since my motherboard doesn't come with an RGB header but I wasn't sure if that would fix my issue.

Heres how everything is hooked up:
Pump head >>>> radiator fans using the included cable that came preinstalled (Cable "O")
Radiator Fans >>>> Cpu_Fan
^^^ All plugged into the "Split" Port on the pump head

What am I doing wrong? My motherboard doesn't have an RGB header so I was going to purchase a separate 3-pin rgb controller but I wasn't sure if that would work or not...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm guessing you have the GA II Trinity 240 model with the "High Performance RGB Fans", and NOT the GA II Trinity SL-INF 240 "with UNI FAN SLI_INF". If you look at the Lian Li manual last page at the right edge, there is a sketch of part of the mobo. For the GA II Trinity 240 model, the PUMP has a three-armed cable with one arm to a SATA power source from the PSU, a cable to a mobo fan header, and a cable to must go to a mobo USB2 header using an extra cable. That connection to USB2 mobo header is important. That is how L-Connect 3 communicates with this AIO system, and that is how it can find your components and control them. Did you make this connection?

Get this sorted out first. The Lian Li web pages say if you do NOT have a mobo ARGB header to use, the L-Connect 3 software WILL power and control the ARGB lights for you. By the way, they also say that IF you had such a mobo connection and also for the fans IF you connect to a mobo fan header, L-Connect3 pages offer you a CHOICE of whether to control those items by that software OR to turn over control of each to the signal from the mobo header.