Question Unable to customize resolution under PC

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, I connected my PC (RTX2080Ti) to a 4K TV. In Nvidia Control panel, under Display->Change resolution->2. Choose the resolution, 3840x2160 (native) is listed under the Ultra HD, HD, SD section. However, under the PC section, it is not listed. The highest resolutions is 2560x1440. I clicked Customize and "Create Custom Resolution" with "Enable resolutions not exposed by the display" option checked. "Create Custom Resolution" window shoed up and 4K resolutions settings were listed. However, when I clicked on Test, it says that "Duplicate resolution. Custom resolution 3840x2160 at 60Hz (32-bit) already exists in PC section". Checked again but it is not listed in the PC section, only in the Ultra HD, HD, SD section. What is wrong? How do I create a 4K profile under the PC section?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
There are some issues (fuzzy looking text when they are displayed in blue or green in Nvidia Control Panel and webpages with hyperlink text). Somebody from the company that made the DP1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adapter suggested me to select 4K resolution @60Hz under the PC section rather than the SD/HD.UHD section. What is the cause of the fuzzy letters? In the text below "Change Resolution", letters seem to have red/brown shadow. I have done the Adjust ClearType Text procedure already. Letters of filenames on desktop are fine.

IbQTBKn.jpg