cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
I am trying to downgrade back to Windows 10 from Windows 11 which I was able to successfully install on my "unsupported PC" following a YouTube tutorial by removing TPM stuff.

I followed the instructions to downgrade back to Windows 10. I went to Settings, Recovery, and the Go back button was greyed out, so I selected Advanced startup. Upon loading blue screen options, I selected Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Uninstall Updates, Uninstall latest feature update. It then gave me an error message stating "We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest feature update of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC (See screenshot)

I am just wondering if, at this point, I should just grab a Windows 10 ISO file and just do an "install" like normal on my unsupported PC.

Was anyone else able to successfully downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 on their "unsupported PC"?

PA70CJG.jpg

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
It would likely be easiest to go the USB route and be done.

Keep in mind that after a certain period of time (I thought I read 10 days) that you couldn't roll back using the auto method.
Explain to me this "USB route" option?

I thought I tried Windows 11 for more than 10 days and found a couple of issues I was having. However, it performs well because I have a gaming PC. I just like the old start menu back and the security updates Windows 10 provide over Windows 11.

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Go to Microsoft site and use the USB tool to create the most up to date W10 media and use it to blow and reinstall your OS.
I guess I would have to install Windows 10 just as I would install a new OS. Good thing I recently bought myself a 5TB external hard drive because I have a ton of data to backup. Like at least 2 - 3 terabytes worth of data. Perfect time for me to organize and sort my cluttered files. I do not mind doing this the old fashion way and I do not want to have to be paying tons of money for cloud backup. It is not like there is a site that can allow up to 5TB of backup or more.

It be nice if there was a program that can detect and auto-sort my files by documents, games, and movies into categories onto my external hard drive.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Going from Win 10 to Win 11, did you have a known good backup of the whole system, especially your personal docs?
If not,, why not?

Going from Win 11 back to Win 10, do you have a good backup of your personal docs?
If not, why not?

For any major changes like this, you NEED a good backup. Just in case things go wrong. Like what seems to be happening now.

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Going from Win 10 to Win 11, did you have a known good backup of the whole system, especially your personal docs?
If not,, why not?

Going from Win 11 back to Win 10, do you have a good backup of your personal docs?
If not, why not?

For any major changes like this, you NEED a good backup. Just in case things go wrong. Like what seems to be happening now.
Me personally, I still like Windows 10 start menu. I have a triple monitor setup and the clock on my taskbar only shows on my main monitor. It does not show on my secondary and third monitors. Plus, Windows 10 still continues to provide security updates. Overall, I still like both the aesthetics and performance on Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 11.