Question Unable to finish Windows 10 installation

Nur Ammar

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hi, I have a HP Pavillion 15-ab031ax which previously on Windows 8.1. It was my friend's laptop and he asked me to upgrade it to Windows 10. So, I did what I usually did by creating a bootable usb disk and then install Windows 10. At first I was having a problem with "Couldn't create new partition bla bla bla" problem and I solved it by following instructions (the diskpart thing) from some very helpful videos on Youtube. After solving the problem I tried installing Windows 10 again only to see it fail again and again. It keep restarting the laptop when it was loading at "getting files ready for installation". It can only reached 70-80% before restarting the laptop and starting over the windows installation. Can someone please explain what is the problem and the solution for it? Thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
So its after the 1st restart, have you set up users etc?
if its on the 1st restart, what boot order do you have? https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c00364979

if you put USB above OS manager, its likely the PC will just go around in circles after 1st restart. Try putting it in default order as per page and see if you get further as

have you tried running installer without internet connection as last stage is where it looks for updates.