unable to format my sd card

pradipshirke92

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
when i format my strontium sd crd by sd formater software there is an error that your disk is write protected ,how to release my sd card from write protection?give me perfect solution ?cmd device maneger such ways are unable to formate my sd card,give me somme special way tthatv will work .

Solution
Assuming the cartd doesn't have a switch on the side to turn off Write Protect, you need to change the Registry.

Press the Windows key and R together and in the Run box, type
regedit
then press Enter. Fromt the File menu, choose Export then note down the location of the backup you're about to create - just in case.

Navigate as you would in File Explorer to:-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies]
“WriteProtect”=dword:0000000

Amend the dword from zero to 1 (one) then exit the Registry from te File menu. Restart the machine and it should work.

If that key doesn't exist, choose New DWord in teh Edit menu and write it yourself.
Assuming the cartd doesn't have a switch on the side to turn off Write Protect, you need to change the Registry.

Press the Windows key and R together and in the Run box, type
regedit
then press Enter. Fromt the File menu, choose Export then note down the location of the backup you're about to create - just in case.

Navigate as you would in File Explorer to:-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies]
“WriteProtect”=dword:0000000

Amend the dword from zero to 1 (one) then exit the Registry from te File menu. Restart the machine and it should work.

If that key doesn't exist, choose New DWord in teh Edit menu and write it yourself.

Solution