Question Unable to get 1920x1080 screen to display more than 1440x900

Jun 29, 2020
Hi all,

Request assistance in getting my screens to display correctly.
I have 4 screens - 1 capable of displaying 1280x1024 and 3 capable of displaying 1920x1080.
They are set up as follows
4 - 1280x1024 (DVI-D) 3 - 1920x1080 (HDMI)
1 - 1920x1080 (DisplayPort) 2 - 1920x1080 (DisplayPort)*

The display screen in the 2 position (marked with *) will only display at 1400x900

I've tried everything others have mentioned, reinstalling drivers for screens and GPU, tried setting up a custom config of 1920x1080 in NVIDIA Control Panel (but everything is fuzzy and difficult to read) etc.

Can someone with real experience offer advice that is sure to work, rather than guesswork and try this options.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone with real experience offer advice that is sure to work, rather than guesswork and try this options.

Sounds nice, but exaggerated. If you find a guy with perfect knowledge and experience, then hooray!
What helped me some months ago with a similar, or let's say almost same problem, was to equalize resolutions. Both displays at same native one (1080p) were fine, but connecting just one different one (1366x768) created a mess, where the 1080ps turned things to 720 or 768p, refusing to run in full hd. Probably if you disconnect the 1024p-display, after a restart things may be just fine with all of the other 3 displays. Check also the Screen resolution settings.

Jun 29, 2020
Many Thanks AJNameS. Now I have 3 screens running natively at 1920x1080.

Unfortunately,
My latest issue is that the 2 DisplayPort screens are blurry.
I've done the following to resolve:
  • changed settings on screens
  • changed windows display settings
  • changed nvidia settings
  • mixed and matched setup and determined that the fault is
- not with the screens (have switched to HDMI) and they display correctly,
- not with the cables (have switched out to new cables).

Are there any known issues with Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card and Display Port connections that anyone is aware of? Could this be my problem?

Thanks in advance for suggestions

the 2 DisplayPort screens are blurry

Have you tried to use only these two display ports without the third HD display?
Or even to use only of the two separately, trying what happens when using a single one of them (trying this on both separately)?
And what happens, if going this way - are things still blurry?

And what if you use the lower-resolution display with one of these two without the other displays?

TRENDING THREADS