Unable to get Heaven Benchmark running on Windows 10

roscoe303

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
So last night I upgraded to Windows 10 and I've been trying to run Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 and I've been met with the following the errors of a "Can't set video mode" followed by "Unigine fatal error ; Unknown Nvidia GPU ; feature level 10.0 is not supported"

I've tried to Google around a bit but I've come up empty handed. Was wondering if anyone would know what the issue is?

My set up is below:
i5-4690K
8GM RAM
GTX 1070 FE NVIDIA
Z97-AR Motherboard
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Upgraded from Windows 8.1)

Note: This system originally had a R9 390 before and I ran the DDU application from Guru3D to remove the hanging AMD drivers that the AMD clean up utility missed when I was installing the gtx 1070.

Everything is at stock at the moment but I'll be adding 8GB of RAM later today and plan to overclock both CPU and GPU but with Heaven not working I can't get a base value to start. If there is some other program I can use if I can't get Heaven to work that would also work as well. Thanks for the help

Solution
Hmmm, i suspect it might be DDU itself, once it was a real bitch for me while i tried to install new GPU ( was removing AMD, and was installing Nvidia), somehow it didn't completely removed all previous AMD drivers, and later had some problems with installing new GPU drivers.

roscoe303

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014

I actually couldn't get that to work either :( I got the same error I was getting with Heaven

maurelie

Honorable
Hmmm, i suspect it might be DDU itself, once it was a real bitch for me while i tried to install new GPU ( was removing AMD, and was installing Nvidia), somehow it didn't completely removed all previous AMD drivers, and later had some problems with installing new GPU drivers.

Solution

maurelie

Honorable
Passmark gives you an overall score of you pc, but it can be also used only as 3d testing for the GPU, nice tests include, and it is free for 30 day. You can use it after 30 days, but some things will be enabled, although you can still bench all the hardware on it.
It is all so very useful in RAM OC, CPU OC and GPU OC.
The latest passmark also includes DX 12 test in the 3d Tests
They also have verynice database of all PC hardware on their site ''cpubenchmark.net'', where you can compare your hardware with others hardware
Also there is free version of 3dmark11, but the tests will be conducted at 720p for the free version

roscoe303

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
OK so I re ran DDU and to uninstall both AMD and nVidia drivers. Then I went to install the nVidia drivers and that got Heaven to work again. I guess something must have happened when upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 because last I used Heaven it worked fine when I was on Windows 8.1...but yeah that solved my problem.

Thanks @maurelie. I will probably still take a look at Passmark and give that a try most likely. Thanks for information and help!